Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The heart (or stomach) of a baby

Steve bought some t-bones at the dairy yesterday and cooked supper last night. (He had the day off for MLK Day.) While he was cooking, Mary kept getting under is feet and giving him the "pick me up" sign. He couldn't pick her up & was worried about stepping on her, so he asked me to take her. I said, "Aw, she wants to be with you, that's so sweet!" He told me, "No, I think she just wants to be near the food." I assured him that this wasn't so, that his tiniest daughter wanted to spend time with her daddy. Then, to prove it, I picked her up & held her close to him near the stove . . . at which point, she pointed to the sautéing mushrooms and said, "Mmmmm!" So much for tenderness!

1 comment:

  1. So funny!!! Glad you guys had a great day off together :o)

    ReplyDelete